Real Estate Deals in India are getting smarter and transparent. Today, people do not really fear to get into a property deals because of the fact that the government has done a lot to make the deals transparent. In earlier days, people used to visit the Revenue Department to check the registration details of the property and even after all the search they were not able to find the details of the property.
Now you do not have to visit the revenue department or any other government office to check the land records as this has been made available online. The service is referred to as Bhulekh. Bhulekh is a Hindi Word which basically means Land Records. So basically, the government of India has made the provision for checking Bhulekh. It is quite easy to check the land records even with minimal details.
Today, in this article, we are going to share all the details about the Bhulekh. Each state has a different portal for Bhulekh but this doesn’t stop us from creating a generalized version of Knowledge Base which can help you in finding the land records with ease. In the upcoming sections, we have discussed about the procedure to find the land records, different state websites and the usefulness of the procedure. Go ahead and check out the details. Also, feel free to share these details with friends and families who are planning to purchase property anywhere in India.
What is Bhulekh and Land Record Search Process Online?
In this section, we are going to talk about the procedure to search for Land Records Online. We are going to share a generalized or a normalized procedure and you might notice a slight variation for the states. Below is the generalized step that you need to follow to check the land records.
- Basic Details – First thing that you need to do to search the land records is to find out the state in which your properties are This includes the district, Tehsil and Other such geographical information.
- Bhulekh Portal – Once you have the information, you can go ahead and visit the state’s website. We have listed the list of all websites in one of the section below and that will help you in finding the correct website.
- Language and Option – The websites are in regional language so you can even go ahead and change the language of the website if you do not know the regional language. Once you have the right language, you can click on Land Records. Some websites may have a different keyword like Bhulekh, RoR or something similar. You will be able to figure that out easily.
- Input Property Details – Once you click on the link, you will be asked to enter the district, tehsil, village details. Enter all the details. This was one type of view and the second type of view may be when you are asked to select the location on the Map. For example, if you check the Maharashtra Bhulekh then you can go ahead and select the location on Map as well.
- Survey Number – After entering all the details, you will be asked to enter the survey number or the name of the owner or some similar details to find the land records. If you are not sure of the details then you can check the complete list. Once you find the land record that you are interested in, you can open the same.
- PDF Version – Some of the portals may demand a captcha code and others might not demand a captcha code. The land records will now be displayed on your screen. Most of the websites would display a PDF version of the file which is print friendly.
One thing that you might want to note is that the service is offered free of cost,however, if you want a digital signed copy then you may incur a cost. All such information is listed on the website and if you are trying to check the land records then just start searching. You will be able to figure out the process as all these websites are highly intuitive when it comes to land record search.
Different States have Different Portal to Search Land Records
As mentioned earlier, each state has a different portal for searching the land records. This has more to do with the fact that each state has a different department which manages the land records. The department falls under the state government and hence it becomes easier to maintain the records at the state level instead of maintaining one centralized records.
You can simply find the website for the state that you are purchasing the property in and get all the details. There are chances that the government may centralize the records and create one central portal for all such queries but for now, there are different portals which needs to be used. Let us now look at the benefits of land record search and then we will move on to the next section with all other details that you need.
How it is Useful, Benefits of Land Records Search Online?
Digitalization of Land Records certainly has a lot of benefits and uses. To begin with, it has made the land search very easy and it has also made the land deals quite transparent. Let us look at all the benefits and uses of Bhulekh and Digitalization of Land Records.
- Identification of Property –Bhulekh has made it easy to identify the land records and at the same time, it has also made it quite easy to verify the details. There is no need to visit the land offices and other such department. The buyer can now check the land records and match the records with the details shared by the seller.
- Land Acquisition – With digitalized land records, land acquisition has become easy for the government as well as other public department. This way, they can procure the land faster and this would speed up the overall development process.
- Single Window System – These websites not only help you in getting the land records but they also provide you other information like the maps, the circle rates, cultivatable area, loan details on the property and so on.
- Ownership – The ownership title is easier to identify and this kills the provision for many disputes which were over the ownership. The records give a clear idea to the seller.
- Protect the Interest of Buyer – Indian real estate market has a huge potential and these systems are basically helping in protecting the interest of the buyer by providing them with the information they need. This can surely boost the real estate sector of India.
- Reducing Frauds – The fact is that the buyers in India had been victims of land frauds. There are times when someone just sold them the government land to cheat them of their money. This website cuts down the probability of fraud as you can now go ahead and check the details of land records.
These were all the benefits and uses of the land record system. You can now check out the different websites of different states that can be used to check the land records.
List of all the States and Their Official Websites for Bhulekh
As mentioned earlier, each state has a different official website for checking Bhulekh. In this section, we are going to share the details of the website of each state. The list is mentioned in the table below and you can simply visit the website with help of these links. We have also listed the information about the union territories as they have a different website for searching the Land Records.
This was all the possible information about Bhulekh in India. We tried to cover up everything. It should be noted that the procedure from one state to another will vary slightly but at the same time, the generalized procedure remains the same.
If you notice any discrepancy in the information shared with you and the information that you get from the Bhulekh then that’s a red signal for you. You can also check the details by visiting the Land and Revenue Department in your state. In addition to this, all the websites have the contact details of the respective departments in the state which can be utilized by you for any query